- Philosophy of Sandstorm: A Journal of Arts and Letters
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and FalconCommons
Philosophy of Sandstorm: A Journal of Arts and Letters
For more information, please see Sandstorm: A Journal of Arts and Letters Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original work to be considered for publication in
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Sandstorm: A Journal of Arts and Letters, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that they will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at . If you have concerns about the submission terms for , please contact the editors.
Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version as a high-quality PDF (Adobe's Portable Document Format) file, or a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
Rights for Authors and FalconCommons
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication, the authors assign to FalconCommons all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the work or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of FalconCommons, requires credit to FalconCommons as copyright holder (e.g., FalconCommons © 2023).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from FalconCommons provided the author does not alter the format or content of the work, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the work on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the material stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the work on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the work on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the FalconCommons website and/or software agree not to misuse the FalconCommons service or software in any way.
The failure of FalconCommons to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between FalconCommons and the Author(s) regarding submission.